INKEY - RETINOL
Face - Serum
Function - Skin renewal
Currently OUT OF STOCK - buy now at CULT BEAUTY
A derivative of Vitamin A, Retinol helps to promote skin renewal and enhance collagen production.
As we get older the rate at which our skin renews itself slows. Retinol works beneath the skin surface at a cellular level to promote cell renewal and repair processes so that newer cells reach the surface quicker. The result is brighter, smoother skin.
Stimulating these renewal processes in the skin makes Retinol a powerful ingredient for reversing signs of ageing as well as improving overall skin clarity for a healthy-looking complexion.
Using Retinol can aid with a number of skin concerns such as reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone and pigmentation issues making it an all round must have for healthy looking skin.
Retinol acts to:
- Target wrinkles
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Reduce fine lines
- Even skin tone
- Slow release formula for low irritating, effective active delivery
- 1% RetiStar stabilised Retinol
- 0.5% Granactive Retinoid
- Squalane for hydration and soothing
- Suitable for all skin types
How to use Retinol
- Use in the PM after cleansing and toning and before other serums
- Apply a pea sized amount to the fingers and gently tap into the skin
- If combining with other products, click here for more information on order of application
For more information, go to the INKEY GUIDE tab.
- Avoid the immediate eye area.
- May increase sun sensitivity, always use a broad-spectrum sunscreen during the day.
- Whilst THE INKEY LIST Retinol has a low irritation formula, for some people redness and flakiness may occur at the beginning of use due to the increase in cell turnover.
- When first introducing Retinol, you may wish to use a few times per week and gradually increase to every evening.
- External use only.
Water (Aqua / Eau), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Phospholipids, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Squalane, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract, Carbomer, Sodium Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycolipids, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Retinol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Phenoxyethanol
More about Retinol...
Retinol is the gold standard of skincare ingredients and offers a whole host of benefits.
Whilst retinol is famed for it's ability to fight signs of ageing, it can be beneficial ages and starting use in the mid-twenties can have huge benefits for the skin.
Retinol is often associated with irritation, flakiness and redness when first introducing the product, however new technologies now enable us to formulate Retinol products that offer maximum efficacy with minimal irritation.
When using with other products
We do not recommend using Retinol and Vitamin C at the same time. It is best to use Retinol in the PM, so if using a Vitamin C we would recommend using this in the morning. As it has antioxidant properties this is when you will get the most out of the product.
AHAs (Glycolic, Alpha Hydroxy, Lactic Acid)
If you are also using an AHA in your evening routine, and want to add a Retinol, we suggest building up to using your Retinol nightly and using acids weekly or if you want to use your acid more regularly alternating with Retinol. If you do wish to use both on the same day, due to PH levels we would recommend waiting around 20 minutes before applying your Retinol and be careful of overuse as both increase skin renewal and may cause sensitivity.